Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Books & Ebooks
- The easiest way to search for books held in the library is to use the library catalogue.
- You can search by author, title or keyword. You can also use the library catalogue to place reservations on books.
- Most of the ECEC books are located on Level 3 (top floor) at Falmer Library.
- The library also has thousands of ECEC ebooks which are available on and off campus. Most of these are included in the library catalogue and can also be found in OneSearch.
Key Early Childhood Journals
The library has a number of journal titles which you can browse individually. We've highlighted some key titles from the collection but there are many more. To search for a journal by title please use the Journal A-Z link.
Key Early Childhood Education Databases
Databases are specialist tools which you can use to find resources such as journal articles. The three listed below are the databases we recommend for all ECEC students, but the library has many more. For general help with literature searching please see the Search Skills page in this guide.
- Current and historical literature related to growth and development of children up to the age of 21.
- Information on research, policy and practice in education and training in the UK.
- Provides lesson plan ideas, news, reports and features for teachers and education professionals working in early years, primary and secondary education.
All Early Years & Education databases
Educational videos for Early Years
The UKs leading creators of educational videos for early years professionals. Siren Films provides thousands of hours of authentic, unscripted footage documenting a vast range of child behaviour. Visual examples and information about early childhood theories and practices are provided to assist early year professionals and students develop confidence in practice
Access Siren Films
The referencing style used In Early Childhood Education & Care is Harvard Cite them Right. Log into the Cite them Right resource below for guidance on referencing and bibliographies. If you would like to use an online tool to help you build an online reference list we recommend using either EndNote or ZoteroBib software.
On demand freeview TV & radio
Box of Broadcasts
Watch and record freeview TV and radio. Create clips or make your own playlist using the huge archive of tv and radio shows dating back to the 1970s. Bob also includes a collection of curated playlists made by UK university lecturers on themes such as feminist film philosophy and law race and decolonisation.
Go to Box of Broadcasts (bob)