If you need to move your library between computers, share your library or just create a back up you should save your library as a single compressed file. This will save the complete library, including the “.enl” file as well as its associated “.Data” folder and all of its contents. You can easily restore (unzip) the compressed library with EndNote.
- Open your EndNote library. From the File menu, select Compressed Library.
- Ensure that you have selected Create, with File Attachments and All References in Library. Use the file dialog box to save your library as an EndNote Compressed Library.
- To restore your compressed library file, go to the File menu and select Open.
- Locate your compressed EndNote library (.enlx) and click Open – this will extract the “.enl” file and the “.Data” folder to the same folder where the .enlx file is located.
- Use EndNote to openthe “.enl” file as you normally would to use the library.